CSET Sports Partnership
The CSET Primary Sports Partnership is based at Mangotsfield Secondary School. We take pride in delivering a high quality service which provides opportunities for ALL children to become engaged in Physical Education, Physical Activity and School Sport. We also work with schools to develop their personal development curriculum.
School life changed dramatically for us all in March 2020 and we ensured that all our subscribing schools received weekly support through daily challenge activities, virtual competitions and 1:1 online help / guidance for all P.E. Co-ordinators.
For the academic year 2020-21 we have adopted a blended approach - providing online CPD, competition and support as well face to face delivery where appropriate and in line with individual school policy. Some highlights of the support we offer:
A comprehensive CPD Programme, with resources, for all teachers and TA'S which support the development of -
|Sport-specific knowledge||Physical activity opportunities||Mental Health and Wellbeing|
|P.E. Curriculum||Inclusion in P.E.
P.E. Co-ordinator Support through -
- 1:1 Meetings - offered throughout the year to support P.E. development, sports leadership, School Games Mark etc.
- Risk assessments for teaching PE and competitions that are Covid-19 secure.
- Network Meetings in September, January and April to facilitate the sharing of best practice across our subscribing schools.
Extensive Year 1 - 6 Competition and Festival opportunities for all children -
- KS1 Festivals
- Competitions in over 20 sports
- Come and Play events and leagues - for C and D teams
- Festivals targeting non-active / not engaged children
- Inclusion Festivals
- Personal Challenge events - a focus on children achieving their personal best
- MaD Olympiad
- CSET Games Day
- Intra (house) school support and development
- All schools have access to 10 hours of coaching by the CSET Sports Coaches
Sports Leadership training opportunities open to all schools. A brilliant way to train pupil/student leaders to develop clubs at lunchtime, after school etc -
||KS1 Leaders||Sport-specific Leaders|
In addition, during the 2020/21 academic year we are able to offer school specific support to targeted groups of students who have been most negatively impacted by Covid-19, to improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
The Sports Partnership have strong working relationships with a number of partners offering a range of curriculum development resources and opportunities for PE, health and wellbeing, school character and ethos.
We currently have 32 schools signed up to the Partnership and if you are interested in becoming a member please contact Wendy O’ Donnell, the Partnership Lead, at Wendy.O’Donnell@cset.co.uk