Sports Centre Supervisor
- Location: Downend Sport Centre
- Salary: £10.42 – £11.27 per hour
- Closing date: 07/01/2021
CSET Sport Centre Supervisor
Start date: ASAP (or when candidate is available)
Contract type: Contract
Salary: £10.42 – £11.27 per hour (depending on experience)
Hours of work: To be agreed based on regular lettings
Are you well organised Sport Centre Supervisor looking for a new opportunity? Castle School Education Trust are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individual who will help manage the sports centre, working on a contract basis at Downend Sport Centre.
The postholder will work at Downend Sports Centre (supporting Mangotsfield School) to ensure the safe and efficient organisation, supervision and operation of the lettings of CSET Trust facilities in line with operational procedures and objectives.
Working on an agreed shift pattern (25-28 hours per week) during the evenings, weekends and school holidays on a regular basis. Main hours set out below with some flexibility.
Tuesday - 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Wednesday - 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Thursday - 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday - 8AM - 5PM (Some flexibility)
- Manage external lettings for the designated sports facilities
- Provide a ‘front of house’ service for internal and external events
- Liaise with the CSET Sports Coordinator regarding rotas and cover for the casual Sports Leisure Assistants across designated sports centres, ensuring appropriate cover and safe working
- Manage the absence and leave for the casual Sports Centre Assistants
- To ensure that the service and facilities are provided and presented in such a way as to give customers the opportunity to have a safe and enjoyable leisure and/or learning experience
- Co-ordinate and secure the sports facilities and equipment
- Flexibility – work will be required during evenings, weekends and school holidays
- A range of experience working in a comparable environment
- Ability to plan and organise across multiple areas effectively
- Ability to work with a wide range of people and be able to respond clearly and flexibly to individual needs
- Demonstrate a positive approach to equality and diversity and customer service
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic & reliable
- Working knowledge of relevant H&S legislation
- First aid qualification
- Full driving license (You may be required to travel to other schools when required)
The sports centres are open commercially from 5pm to 10.30pm Mon-Fri and for regular agreed club and organisation activities at the weekends.
Full job details of the post and how to apply are available in the attachments
Closing date: Ongoing
Interviews to be held: TBC
CSET may close this opportunity earlier than the proposed closing date if a successful candidate is found before that date.
Castle School Education Trust are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
If you wish to discuss the role informally prior to making an application, we encourage you to do so by contacting email@example.com
Applications should be made by downloading and completing the CSET Support Staff application form attached.
CVs will not be accepted.
Completed applications and a covering letter should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Job Description and Application form attached